If you’ve ever felt the uncomfortable sting of heartburn or the queasy churning of indigestion, then you know firsthand just how important digestive health can be. But a healthy digestive system includes much more than a strong stomach.
Your digestive system extends throughout your body, consisting of your mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum. Gastroenterology (GI) focuses on the conditions and diseases that affect this system.
The gastroenterologists in the GI Lab at St. Vincent’s Riverside handle more than 5,000 cases a year and are committed to getting you back to full health as quickly as possible.
The Best Technology for Your Health
We utilize a wide range of advanced technology across multiple procedures, including:
- Capsule endoscopy (sometimes called the GI pill camera)
- Push enteroscopy to detect lesions in the small intestine and sources of obscure bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) to diagnose and treat conditions of the bile ducts, including gallstones, scars and cancer
- SpyGlass™ direct visualization of the bile system for gallstone removal and biopsy for suspected cancer
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- High resolution manometry
- Bravo pH capsule studies
- Barrx Halo treatment for Barrett’s Esophagus
- MUSE, an incision-less treatment for GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)