The Mary Awards
The Mary Awards honor the courage and willingness of young women (seniors in high school) who are serving God through their faith community and serving their neighbor. The finalists will be recognized and honored by the Jacksonville community and St. Vincent’s HealthCare. Every valid nominee will be listed in the evening’s program.
Twelve (12) finalists will be chosen, three (3) in each of the categories of: academics, athletics, leadership and volunteerism/philanthropy. The criteria for nominating a candidate will be:
- Service to God and their faith community
- Creativity and achievement in one of the four defined fields: academics, athletics, leadership and volunteerism/philanthropy
- Selflessness and service to their neighbor
A committee representing the diversity of our region will choose the finalists in each category. A call for nominations will be open from January 1, 2019 until the February 7, 2019 deadline.
The finalists will be interviewed and their references will be checked by the committee.
- Young women who are seniors attending high school in Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Nassau or Baker County will be welcomed to complete an online application beginning January 1, 2019.
- If you are chosen as a finalist you will be contacted the week of February 11, 2019 and will be asked to come to the St. Vincent's Foundation on February 23, 2019 for your interview.
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN February 7, 2019
The Awards Dinner and Ceremony
The awards dinner will be held Thursday, April 30, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at San Jose Country Club. Each winner will receive a $1,000 cash gift from St. Vincent’s HealthCare. If for any reason the winner cannot accept the gift, it may be directed to a charity or faith community of the winner’s choice.
Emcee For The Event
Mary Baer, WJXT Channel 4 news anchor
Meet The 2018 Finalists