The Mary Awards
The Mary Awards honor the courage and willingness of young women (seniors in high school) who are serving God through their faith community and serving their neighbor. The finalists will be recognized and honored by the Jacksonville community and St. Vincent’s HealthCare. Every valid nominee will be listed in the evening’s program.
Meet The 2018 Finalists
Twelve (12) finalists will be chosen, three (3) in each of the categories of: academics, athletics, leadership and volunteerism/philanthropy. The criteria for nominating a candidate will be:
- Service to God and their faith community
- Creativity and achievement in one of the four defined fields: academics, athletics, leadership and volunteerism/philanthropy
- Selflessness and service to their neighbor
A committee representing the diversity of our region will choose the finalists in each category. St. Vincent’s HealthCare will receive the nominations by mail on or before February 8, 2018. A call for nominations will be open from January 2, 2018 until the February 8, 2018 deadline.
The finalists will be interviewed and their references will be checked by the committee.
- To nominate young women who are seniors attending high school in Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Nassau or Baker County, please complete the online application
- If you are chosen as a finalist you will be contacted the week of February 12, 2018 and will be asked to come to the St. Vincent's Foundation on February 24, 2018 for your interview.
- NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN February 8, 2018
The Awards Dinner and Ceremony
The awards dinner will be held Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at San Jose Country Club. Each winner will receive a $1,000 cash gift from St. Vincent’s HealthCare. If for any reason the winner cannot accept the gift, it may be directed to a charity or faith community of the winner’s choice.
Emcee For The Event
Mary Baer, WJXT Channel 4 news anchor