Mobile Health Outreach Ministry
The St. Vincent’s Mobile Health Outreach Ministry brings fully staffed doctors-offices-on-wheels to areas of the community where these services are needed the most. It is the only mobile provider of free acute and preventive medical care in Northeast Florida.
What We Treat
This program, which began in 1991, successfully promotes prevention through health screenings and education throughout our region. Services and treatments we offer include:
- Free blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings
- Flu shots
- School physicals
- Treating chronic illnesses like asthma, hypertension and diabetes
- Treating common ailments like respiratory infections, nutritional problems
- Treating hearing, vision and dental issues
Who We Treat
The Mobile Health Outreach Ministry mainly focuses on three areas where there is the most need in our community:
- The Rural Outreach Ministry serves people who work in the agricultural fields of Putnam and St. Johns Counties, including migrant workers and their children.
- The Urban Outreach Ministry reaches out to the working poor, the homeless and their families in the urban neighborhoods of Duval, Clay and Nassau Counties.
- The Pediatric Outreach Ministry provides children and teens with access to medical care by going to 24 middle and high schools throughout Duval County.
How We Help
The information we’ve gathered as we serve our community only emphasizes the importance of providing free medical services to those who need it. Here’s a look at who we’ve served from July 2014 to June 2015.