15 latest hospital, health system CEO moves: Dr. Schatzlein
By Becker's Hospital Review
The following hospital and health system CEO moves were reported by Becker's Hospital Review in the last week. They are listed below, beginning with the most recent.
1. Mattoon, Ill.-based Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System appointed Jerry Esker president and CEO.
2. Appleton, Wis.-based ThedaCare President and CEO Dean Gruner, MD, plans to retire, ending his 40-year career in healthcare.
3. Mike Schatzlein, MD, president and CEO of Ascension's St. Vincent's HealthCare in Jacksonville, Fla., isleaving, effective Dec. 31.
4. Placentia-Linda Hospital in Placentia, Calif., named Christina Oh CEO.
5. Wichita, Kan.-based Wesley Healthcare appointed Tripp Owings president and CEO of Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, also in Wichita.
6. Estes Park (Colo.) Medical Center tapped Larry Leaming to serve as CEO, effective, Jan. 16, 2017.
7. Warrenton, Va.-based Fauquier Health President and CEO Roger H. Baker plans to retire in 2017.
8. Louisville, Ga.-based Jefferson Hospital CEO Steve Widener retired.
9. Dallas-based Baylor Scott & White Health appointed James H. Hinton president and CEO, effective Jan. 16, 2017.
10. Chestatee Regional Hospital in Dahlonega, Ga., announced CEO Jim Yarborough is stepping down.
11. Nashville, Tenn.-based Saint Thomas Health named Andy Wachtel CEO of Saint Thomas DeKalb Hospital in Smithville, Saint Thomas Stones River Hospital in Woodbury and Saint Thomas Highlands Hospital in Sparta, all in Tennessee.
12. Sunbury (Pa.) Community Hospital appointed Bob Williams CEO.
13. In a move to cut costs, Providence Health & Services in Renton, Wash., eliminated the CEO position at Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Wash., forcing Steve Burdick to vacate the position.
14. Austin, Texas-based Central Health President and CEO Patricia Young Brown plans to retire at the end of the year.
15. Sistersville (W.Va.) General Hospital CEO John May resigned.
View the post: http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-executive-moves/15-latest-hospital-health-system-ceo-moves-10-12-16.html