Seton Center for Women and Children
To get you and your baby off to a healthy and happy start, you'll want to see your doctor regularly throughout your pregnancy. You'll also want to learn all you can about childbirth and caring for your newborn. St. Vincent's Seton Center for Women and Infant's Health is a wonderful resource to help you do this, no matter where you are choosing to deliver your baby.
The goal of our Seton Center is to offer new moms and families consistent information and support. Our programs will help you stay healthy during pregnancy and prepare you for the birthing experience. We also offer information and classes for siblings, infant healthcare, and skills to manage your new life.
More about our Seton Center for Women and Infant's Health
St. Vincent's created Seton Center for Women and Infant's Health just for you. This comprehensive education and support program will meet your special needs during pregnancy, childbirth, and your baby's first year.
One or two days after you leave the hospital, you and your baby may return to the Seton Center for a check-up and any necessary follow-up care.
Our registered nurses can answer your questions and help you with breastfeeding, umbilical cord care, sleeping issues, and other concerns you might have.
The center provides:
Prenatal, postnatal, and childbirth education classes
- One-on-one, telephone, and classroom education about caring for your new baby and other parenting issues
- Tours of our Maternity Suites, postpartum unit, and newborn nursery
- Books, DVDs, and other educational materials on prenatal care, childbirth, breast feeding, parenting, and women's health
- Registered nurses who offer telephone advice on everything from your recovery and care to breastfeeding and newborn care
- Registered nurses who perform free postpartum newborn assessments and health screenings as well as a referral to a pediatrician for any specific problems your baby may have
- Breast feeding pump rentals and sales
- Help contacting community and civic agencies that offer additional support for moms and their children
Seton Center Riverside
Seton Center is located at 3 Shircliff Way, Suite 320, on the third floor of the Dillon Building at St. Vincent's Medical Center.
Please contact us at 904-308-6359 or email us with your questions.
Seton Center Southside
Located inside the Family Birth Place at St. Vincent’s Medical
4201 Belfort Road Jacksonville, FL 32216
Contact us at 904-296-5212