Wendy Holt, RN, MSN, OCN
Lung Cancer Nurse Navigator
Role of navigator
Our nurse navigator is a certified oncology nurse who serves as a patient advocate throughout the treatment process. For you, this coordinated effort translates into faster treatment, better outcomes, and fewer headaches.
Our nurse navigator can do the following things and more:
- Answer questions and coordinate care
- Listen to you and provide guidance on difficult decisions
- Provide information on insurance and benefit coverage
- Bridge the gap in communication between you and your provider
- Ensure appointments are set up in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist you in understanding complex benefits and the prior authorization process
Lung Cancer Institute patient, Robert Austin shares how a nurse navigator can simplify the treatment process.