Open-Heart Recovery Unit at St. Vincent's Riverside
We perform more cardiac procedures than any other facility in Northeast Florida. Those include more than 600 open-heart surgeries like coronary artery bypass, aortic and mitral valve replacements, transmyocardial revascularization and the MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation.
Our dedicated Open-Heart Recovery Unit with specially trained nurses contributes to better outcomes, innovative care and improved quality of life for patients with cardiovascular disease.
There are several aspects of care that make the Open-Heart Recovery Unit at St. Vincent’s Riverside unique.
• Dedicated unit just for open-heart patients, unique in Northeast Florida
• Specialized team including 20 nurses
• Advanced monitoring equipment
• Collaboration among cardiovascular surgeon, anesthesiologist and the surgical team to ensure a seamless transition to open-heart progressive care
• Include family in care, communicating regularly during the surgical procedure