Open-Heart Recovery Unit at St. Vincent's Riverside
We perform more cardiac procedures than any other facility in Northeast Florida. Those include more than 600 open-heart surgeries like coronary artery bypass, aortic and mitral valve replacements, transmyocardial revascularization and the MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation.
Our dedicated Open-Heart Recovery Unit with specially trained nurses contributes to better outcomes, innovative care and improved quality of life for patients with cardiovascular disease.
There are several aspects of care that make the Open-Heart Recovery Unit at St. Vincent’s Riverside unique.
• The unit is the only one of its kind in the region where open-heart patients are cared for in a dedicated unit just for open-heart patients
• Our specialized team includes 20 nurses of which, over half are certified in critical care
• Our nurses have a combined total of more than 300 years of experience
• Technologically advanced monitoring equipment
• The open-heart recovery team closely collaborates with the cardiovascular surgeon, anesthesiologist and the surgical team to ensure a seamless transition to open-heart progressive care
• We include the family in everything we do, communicating regularly during the surgical procedure