Leaders In Care, Technology
St. Vincent's HealthCare is the leader in heart and vascular care and state-of-the-art technology.
Sometimes the standards of others can help you judge the care you want for yourself and your loved ones. St. Vincent's HealthCare's (SVHC) heart program is no stranger to national recognition for its cardiovascular care. Throughout the years, here are some awards we have received based on achievement in this area:
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside was named among the 100 Top Hospitals for Cardiovascular Care by Thomson Reuters in 2008
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside was recognized as one of the Best Heart Hospitals in the country by U.S.News & World Report magazine in 2006, 2005, and 2003
Exciting new advances in heart care are the norm.
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside is the first in the area to use CARTOSOUND technology to streamline electrophysicology procedures
- SVHC's use of a new pacemaker for patients with heart failure
- SVHC's utilization of sutureless bypass surgery
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside is the first hospital in Northeast Florida to offer Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR), a laser treatment for advanced heart disease and severe angina.
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside was the first in Jacksonville to provide AngioJet Rheolytic Thrombectomy, a high-tech, FDA-approved system to remove blood clots that form around the heart without major surgery and a lengthy hospital stay
- St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside was the first medical center in this region to be awarded program certification for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation