Digestive Health Services
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Surgery
Gastroenterology focuses on conditions and diseases of the digestive system. This includes the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum. St. Vincent's GI lab is recognized as one of the best in North Florida. Gastroenterologists at St. Vincent's handle more than 3,000 cases each year.
Our use of advanced technology includes:
- Capsule endoscopy (sometimes called the GI pill camera)
- Push enteroscopy (to detect lesions in the small intestine and sources of obscure bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) to diagnose and treat conditions of the bile ducts, including gallstones, scars, and cancer
- SpyGlass™ direct visualization of the bile system for gallstone removal and biopsy for suspected cancer. We were the first center in North Florida to use SpyGlass™.
- High Resolution Manometry
- Bravo pH capsule studies
- Barrx Halo treatment for Barrett's Esophagus
- MUSE, an incision-less treatment for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)