Accredited Breast Health Program
St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside is proud to be home to Northeast Florida’s first NAPBC (National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers) accredited breast health program. SVMC is one of only five programs in the state to be awarded the elite designation after a lengthy application process and on-site survey by the NAPBC.
NAPBC accredited facilities provide patients with the highest levels of care and include:
- A complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary team-approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and support services
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care
We are proud to be the first program in Northeast Florida to receive the NAPBC distinction.It shows our patients and the community we are committed to providing women the very best care available anywhere,” William E. Sumner, III, MD, St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside breast program
What does this mean to our patients?
Our commitment to breast health starts with the screening process. In addition to a
comprehensive breast center at the hospital, we also have the city’s only mobile
mammography unit. Our program offers patients an array of diagnostic testing and treatment options as well as support groups. It also includes dedicated patient navigators who walk patients through the difficulty of diagnosis to the celebration of post-cancer care and rehabilitation.