Am I a Candidate?
There are many factors to consider when deciding if a bariatric procedure is for you. Your age, health status and lifestyle habits play an important role in helping to determine whether a weight loss procedure is an appropriate option.
Minimum guidelines for weight loss procedures:
- 18 years of age or older
- Body mass index (BMI) greater than 40
- BMI between 35-39.9 combined with at least one obesity-related health problem; diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep apnea or degenerative joint disease
- Inability to lose weight, and keep it off, through diet and exercise
- Ready to commit to a healthy, active lifestyle
- Understand your surgical options, risks, complications and what is required after surgery
- You are healthy enough to undergo surgery
Don’t meet these qualifications?
If you have a BMI between 30 and 35, you may still qualify for certain procedures.