Billing and Medicare
We understand that after a trip to the hospital or even a ride to your doctor’s appointment, you don’t want to think about bills. That’s why we’ve tried to remove the headache from paying for our services.
St. Vincent’s Ambulance Services offers you a handful of convenient ways to pay:
- Visa and MasterCard
- Time-Payment Plan
- Charity Care, Based upon the National Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Contracted rates for individuals leaving or entering a facility with an active contract with St. Vincent’s Ambulance Service
In order to achieve our goal of providing reasonably priced transportation services to skilled nursing facilities, our associates are well-trained in Medicare reimbursement changes under the Prospective Payment Services. To adapt to this change, we designed a contractual price structure for all services to allow for ease of payment.
The medical or skilled nursing facility is not responsible for the following services. These may continue to be billed separately to the Medicare carrier by St. Vincent’s Ambulance Services:
- The initial trip for admission to the skilled nursing facility
- The final trip following discharge from the skilled nursing facility
- Any trip in connection with an inpatient admission to a hospital
- Any trip in connection with an outpatient hospital service that is not part of the patient's written plan of care, like an emergency trip from a skilled nursing facility to a hospital and subsequent return