What To Bring For Your Stay
It’s important to be prepared for your stay at St. Vincent’s HealthCare, whether that means having all the necessary documents or remembering your favorite pair of pajamas. Below are some guidelines of what you should bring to the hospital.
- Your insurance policy cards, authorization or claim forms, social security number, driver's license or other form of ID.
- A small amount of cash, a credit card or checkbook to pay for required deposits, co-payments or deductibles upon admission. Please send your checkbook or credit cards home with a family member or friend after admission, or contact our Security Office for assistance in temporarily storing these items.
- Pajamas (or a patient gown will be provided).
- Bathrobe and slippers.
- Clothing for discharge.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and other needed toiletries.
- A list of ALL medications you are currently taking, including dosage and frequency. This should include both prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
- Copies of your living will, surrogate designation and/or power of attorney forms (if you have executed any).
What Not To Bring
- Items of value, such as jewelry, expensive clothing or large amounts of cash.
- Electronic appliances, such as portable TVs, electric shavers, blow dryers, etc.
Eyeglasses, dentures and/or hearing aids are easily lost, so we encourage you to leave these items at home if you are able. If you do need to use these items, please be sure they are kept in properly labeled containers. Please do not leave any of these items on your bedside table or a meal tray, as they may be lost or damaged. St. Vincent's HealthCare is not responsible for replacement of your lost or damaged items.
St. Vincent's HealthCare cannot accept responsibility for personal items or valuables left in your room. Please ask a family member to take them home or ask a nurse to put them in the hospital safe. If you have lost a personal item, please tell your nurse immediately.