Taking An Active Role In Your Care
Your safety is our top priority. Since you are the center of the healthcare team, we ask that you take an active role in your care. Here are a few specific things you can do to help us serve you better:
- Tell your healthcare providers as much as you can about your medical history.
- Tell your healthcare providers about any medication you are taking, including over-the-counter medicine, eye-drops and herbal and vitamin supplements.
- Before you take a test or receive any medication, make sure your caregiver refers to you by name and either checks your patient wristband or asks for your date of birth.
- If you are scheduled for surgery, make sure you know what surgery you are going to have. You should confirm this with the doctor and/or those involved in prepping you.
- If you don't understand why you are taking certain medicines, ask.
- If you are given a new medication that you were not informed about, it's okay to ask questions. Our clinical pharmacy staff is available to answer any questions you may have.
For concerns related to care, treatment, service or patient safety, please ask to speak to the Nurse Manager or call 904-308-SAFE.