Radiologic Technical Standards
Students must be able to do the following:
- Efficiently reach, manipulate, and operate equipment necessary for all radiographic procedures.
- Move, manipulate, and observe a patient or client as necessary for all radiographic procedures.
- Visually assess patients or clients, medical test results, and the working environment to correctly decide the appropriate action to take for the benefit of the patient or client.
- Clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with the patient or client, families, personnel, and others to disseminate information about patient care and work duties.
- Hear well to accurately gather information relevant to patient and clinical activities.
- Make appropriate judgment decisions in an emergency or in situations not clearly governed by specific guidelines.
- Demonstrate emotional stability and psychological health in day-to-day interaction with patients or clients, staff, family members, and others, in routine and non-routine decision making processes and in the daily execution of didactic and clinical assignments.