Radiologic Technology Application
Complete application packages will be accepted until May 15 each year. Only applicants who meet all prerequisites and submit all required application materials and fees will be scheduled for the admission interview process.
- Applicant must have at least an associates degree
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the time of admission (July) and meet the ethics requirements of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative total GPA high school and college.
- REQUIRED COURSES, completed within the past five years with a minimum grade of "C":
- Intermediate Algebra (MAT 1033 or higher)
- Introduction to Speech Communication or Speech Communication for Business and the Professions
- Introduction to Computer Concepts
- Human Relations, Psychology, or Human Growth and Development
- General Physics, General Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology I, or Biology
For applicants not currently employed in a healthcare related field, the academic prerequisites generally must have been successfully completed within five years of the time of acceptance to the program.
US Citizenship or permanent immigrant status is required to process application.
- STRONGLY RECOMMEDED courses in addition to those REQUIRED:
- General Chemistry
- General Physics
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology II
Preference is giving to applicants with higher grades in college-level coursework, higher total cumulative GPA, completion of more of the required and recommended courses or a degree, and hands-on patient care experience.
How To Apply
To be considered for an interview and possible admission, submit all of the following documents in one package by May 15 of the year of desired July admission:
- Completed St. Vincent's Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology application form.
- Nonrefundable check or money order for the $25 application processing fee payable to St. Vincent's Medical Center.
- Unopened (in original institutional envelope) official transcripts from all secondary (high school) and post secondary (college or technical) educational institutions.
- Three completed St. Vincent's Medical Center School of Radiography reference forms from employers, teachers, or clergy of the applicant. Personal references from friends or relatives are not recommended.
- A one-page resume listing the applicant's name, address, email address, phone numbers, all education institutions/degree/dates, and all employers with address and positions/dates of employment within the past 10 years.
- Up to 500 words, hand-written by the applicant, autobiographical sketch describing the applicant's general background and reasons for selecting radiology as a career.
Interview for Appointment
- Applicants considered for enrollment will be invited to St. Vincent's Riverside for a personal interview with the program director and selected facility.
- Acceptance notifications are sent in late May. Your appointment to the program is dependent upon successful completion of the physical examination and background study.
Additional Admission Requirements
Applicants offered admission to the Radiography Program must comply with the following prevailing instiutional policies and procedures:
- Drug Screen
- Occupational Health Review or Physical Exam
- FDLE Background Study
- Health Insurance
Specific questions about these requirements may be directed to the school.