Medical-Surgical Telemetry RN Residency
This paid residency integrates new graduate and licensed registered nurses into the acute care environment by providing in-depth education on physiology, pathophysiology, the nursing process and addresses challenges faced by new nurses. Teaching strategies include lecture, case studies, demonstration, simulation, role playing and journaling.
- Three months of intensive didactic learning and skills development (16 hours per week)
- Two 12-hour shifts on a medical-surgical or telemetry unit, rotating to different specialty units every three to six weeks
- Experience in procedural areas associated with assigned units
- Reading assignments completed prior to classroom delivery
- Nine additional months of didactic courses (four hours per month)
- 12 months of post-residency mentoring
- Two year work agreement post completion of residency
- New Graduate Nurse From Accredited Nursing School (BSN or higher degree required)
- By cohort start date, will accept Florida GN Permit/Authorization to Test (ATT) with confirmed date of scheduled NCLEX
- Will not accept out-of-state GN permits
- Less than 1 year of full time RN experience (less than 2080 hours) by start date.
- Must have graduated from Accredited Nursing School with BSN or higher degree
- Florida RN license
- Temporary Florida license