Physicians and Why St. Vincent's Health Care
We're Making A Difference
As a physician at St. Vincent's HealthCare, you have an exceptional opportunity to practice quality medical care by participating in the system-wide Clinical Excellence Program of Ascension Health. St. Vincent's HealthCare collaborates with more than 60 sister health ministries in programs designed to focus on patient safety and well-being.
The program has set priorities for action with astounding results. The selected goals for action are tied directly to patient safety. St. Vincent's HealthCare has documented a dramatic decline in adverse reactions to prescription medication, a reduction in mortality for preventable deaths, and fewer complications due to patient falls.
Recognized Quality of Care
St. Vincent's HealthCare is nationally recognized for quality of care by a number of important programs:
- U.S.News & World Report 2009 List of America's Best Hospitals - Heart and Heart Surgery
- Recipient of the 2009 HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
- Ranked Among the Top 5 Percent of all Hospitals in the Nation for Overall Clinical Performance
- Received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 5 years in a row (2005-2009)
- Home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando
- 5 Star Rated for Cardiology Services 3 years in a row (2007-2009)
- Stroke Care Excellence Award 5 years in a row (2005-2009)
- Top 10 percent in the nation for treatment of stroke 5 years in a row (2005-2009)
- 5-star rated for treatment of pneumonia 7 years in a row (2003-2009)
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) recognition given to St. Vincent's HealthCare Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Education Program (2009)
- Family Practice Residency Program has graduated 297 physicians since its inception in 1972. More than 100 of these chose to remain in the Jacksonville area.
- St. Vincent's HealthCare is a member of Ascension Health, America's largest Catholic nonprofit health system
~ Download a copy of SVHC Physician Recruitment Brochure (.pdf) ~