Physician Education Advantages
St. Vincent's HealthCare is home to three residency programs and a host of other educational opportunities for professionals in the medical field.
Continuing Medical Education
- St. Vincent's Medical Center is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide educational activities for physicians. Activities planned are executed according to the Essential Areas of the Accreditation Council for Contining Medical Education and the policies and procedures of the FMA.
Family Medicine Residency Program
- This three-year program, developed in 1972, is accredited by the Family Medicine Residency Review Committee and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medicine Education. The full-time faculty physicians direct their energy toward the development of 30 exceptional residents in the areas of Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and OB/GYN care. The private practice physicians are invited to contribute their knowledge to this educational endeavor as well. This is another advantage of being a provider "Where The Experts Care."
Podiatry Residency Program
- This two-year program, established in 1993, trains physicians in the field of Podiatric Medicine with Surgery. The program is accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education. Residents participate in all aspects of medicine, interacting with other physicians and healthcare professionals as a member of the healthcare team.
Clinical Pharmacy Residency Program
- This program, established in 2006, is a 12-month course of study to develop advanced knowledge and skills for clinicians to practice independently and excel in clinical service, teaching, and research. It offers pharmacists a chance to practice in a large, acute-care medical setting where residents gain knowledge from investigative and problem-solving experiences.
Schools of Medical Science
- St. Vincent's HealthCare continues to make certain that highly qualified technical staff is available for our community by providing career education opportunities in the areas of Radiology Technology, Diagnostic Sonography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Medical Technology, and Computed Tomography.
~ Download a copy of SVHC Physician Recruitment Brochure (.pdf) ~