Pulmonary, Respiratory, Neuro and Sleep Lab
If you are seeking a challenging and interesting position in Pulmonary Care Services, St. Vincent’s HealthCare has opportunities for you. New associates are provided an in-depth orientation program with an average of fifteen days to include preceptor assignment. All staff members are cross-trained to work on both hospital campuses and may participate in Bid Shift within Respiratory.
Our Respiratory staff professionals have the opportunity to:
- Rotate throughout all areas of the hospital, including ED, Open Heart, and Special Care Nursery
- Perform Intubations (RRT’s)
- Perform Bronchoscopy procedures on evening/weekend shifts
- Participate on the Rapid Response Team
- Operate in a Vent PB840 & Mediserve clinical documentation environment
- EMR environment on the St. Luke’s Hospital campus
The Pulmonary Care Environment
Pulmonary Services has three labs on the St. Vincent’s Medical Center campus with Mediserve clinical documentation, two body boxes, and a Metabolic Stress Test System. St. Luke’s Hospital Pulmonary Lab conducts PFT with one body box and a Bronchoscopy Lab with Olympus Video equipment.
Both St. Vincent’s Medical Center and St. Luke's Hospital have a four-bed Sleep Lab with the potential to expand in the future.
To continue our contribution to the quality of students within Respiratory Care programs, St. Vincent's Medical Center is a clinical site for Florida State College of Jacksonville students.
Respiratory Quick Links
Florida Board of Respiratory Care
National Board of Respiratory Care
Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technology