If you are looking for a progressive Medical Imaging environment where you can utilize your knowledge in dynamic ways and advance your career, then St. Vincent’s HealthCare (SVHC) is the employer for you! With an extensive Imaging network of 275+ associates and our accredited Medical Imaging Schools on campus, you can advance your career and change jobs without ever leaving the St. Vincent’s HealthCare system.
Our imaging and mobile outreach departments are fully digital with EMR environment on the St. Luke’s Hospital campus. Computer applications include Amicus PACS and Cerner Millenium, and is supported by a full time dedicated PACS Administrator on site.
If delivering excellent women services healthcare is your passion, SVHC’s Breast Health Center received the Five-Star Award for Overall Patient Satisfaction, placing them in the top 10% nationally for excellent patient care. St. Vincent’s Breast Health center is also proud to be a participant in the Komen Foundation Grant program.
Opportunities for Professional Growth
Some of the many opportunities available to Imaging associates for skills/career enhancement include:
- Cross-training to other Medical Imaging departments
- Attend accredited Medical Science Programs (Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Computed Tomography) and work full or part time (when available)
- Participate in class for sterile technique, venipuncture, and catheter insertion
- Attend Case Conferences presented by Medical Staff
- Participate in Cancer Clinic and Tumor Board
- Attend Cancer Conferences that provide CEUs
- Participate in Performance Improvement using Six Sigma methodology
- Provide clinical support to Medical Science students enrolled in the St. Vincent’s Medical Science Programs (Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Computed Tomography)
- Serve as Clinical Committee and Advisory Committee members for Schools of Medical Imaging Science
- Additional compensation provided to associates who achieve advanced certifications in their areas of specialty
Schools of Medical Imaging Science
Opportunities for professional development are also available through the St. Vincent’s Medical Center School of Medial Imaging. The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology(JRCERT) is the accrediting body for Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs. The Computed Tomography program does not mandate JRCERT accreditation.
An extensive, ongoing six week orientation is in place to welcome our new students and is designed to discuss topics such as Infection Control, Risk Management, Patient Safety, Preceptor Program, MRI Safety, Radiation Safety, CPR, Cerner Millennium Training, and Picture Achieving System.
Structured programs are designed to educate and prepare new students to acquire their education expectation through classroom instruction and clinical supervision provided by those who have a desire to train and mentor novice medical imaging staff and/or students. Students benefit from on-going instruction from a Clinical Instructor, Clinical Committee Member, Medical Imaging Staff member, and/or Radiologist dedicated to a clinical site and/or Specialty within Medical Imaging. The focus of the Clinical Instructor is to ensure quality of patient care through clinical education, technological and research development, risk management standards, safety standards, infection control, and state regulatory standards.
Upon graduation, our accredited programs are designed to ensure each graduate from our Medical Sciences Education programs has the ability to provide quality healthcare services to the community. Each program enables students to achieve their expectations and attain full potential. If a new student attains employment with SVHC, he or she will be assigned an experienced preceptor for on-the-job instruction and training. Preceptorship programs are designed for completion in 8 to 10 weeks.
Medial Imaging Quick Links:
American Registry for Radiologic Technologists
American Society of Radiologic Technology
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technology