Moody Chisholm among Mayor's Port task force
Timothy Gibbons, Managing Editor- Jacksonville Business Journal
The baker's dozen named to Mayor Alvin Brown's port task force includes one environmental voice, something members of the City Council had pushed for.
The members of the task force include:
- John Baker, executive chairman of Patriot Transportation Holding Inc.
- Martin E. “Hap” Stein, chairman and CEO of Regency Centers.
- Alvin “Pete” Carpenter, retired president and vice-chairman of CSX
- Moody Chisholm, president and CEO of St. Vincent’s Healthcare
- Joe Debs, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of RS&H
- Adam Herbert, former president of University of North Florida and Indiana University
- Ray Holt, Jacksonville City Council member
- Paola Parra Harris, attorney, Harris Guidi
- Matt Kane, owner, Greenshades Software
- Dr. Robert Lufrano, former chairman and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
- Janet Owen, vice president for governmental affairs, University of North Florida
- Ron Townsend, communications consultant and former president of Gannett Television
- Quinton White, executive director of Marine Science Research Institute, Jacksonville University
The task force will focus on building community support for the Jacksonville Port Authority's strategic priorities, including its channel deepening project.
That deepening effort has garnered widespread support from the business community but has been opposed by local environmentalists who say the project would devastate the river's ecology.
To view the story on the Jacksonville Business Journal, click here: