St. Vincent HealthCare's mission and heritage are based in strong traditions of faith.
Daughters Of Charity
Founded in 1916, St. Vincent's HealthCare (SVHC) traces its roots back to St. Vincent de Paul and the Daughters of Charity. SVHC is now part of Ascension Health, which was formed in 1999 when the Daughters of Charity merged their healthcare ministry with the Sisters of St. Joseph Health System. SVHC's mission and values form the framework of our commitment to patient care.
A Home In Jacksonville
From a sanitorium in the Springfield area of Jacksonville to the current properties located throughout Northeast Florida, SVHC has come a long way in nearly a century.
In 1916, when the Daughters of Charity took over the DeSoto Sanitorium on 5th and Boulevard streets, it was one of the first hospitals in Jacksonville (the third, as a matter of fact). The 42-bed hospital has grown to more than 800 beds today, with the addition of St. Luke's Hospital in 2008.