How to Volunteer at St. Vincent's HealthCare
St. Vincent's HealthCare (SVHC) volunteers work side-by-side with associates to provide the best healthcare for our patients. Since you will interact with patients, their families, friends, other associates, and others, it is important for volunteers to be friendly, patient, and sensitive. Volunteers must also a have a desire and compassion to help.
Volunteers serve in several areas throughout SVHC, such as in the Emergency Departments, Club 55+, patient transport, and more.
Sign up to become a volunteer at St. Vincent's HealthCare today!
- Completed application
- Current TB test
- Reference Check
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Free parking in the Dillon or DePaul garages at St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Free meal ticket good at the hospital cafeterias or Berg's Bistro when working a full day (this does not apply to meetings)
- 50% discount on services after insurance payment*
- One fountain beverage or coffee coupon at Berg's Bistro for evening/weekend service
- Courtesy discharge if hospitalized at St. Vincen'ts Medical Center
- Health Services Credit Union membership
- Seton Pharmacy discounts (12% for prescriptions; 10% for over-the-counter drugs)
- Eligibility to enroll in educational and self-improvement courses offered
- Free annual tuberculosis screening (required)
- Use of the fitness center with $50 membership
- 25% gift shop discount; 30% discount on your birthday
- Annual seasonal flu shots*
- Club 55+ membership (must be 55 or older)
* After 50 hours of service
These benefits are subject to amendment in the event that SVHC determines that such benefits are not in compliance with any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.