Teens with a heart to serve and who want exposure working in a healthcare environment are invited to apply to be part of the St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside or St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside Teenage Volunteer Program. The program is open to all 14 to 17 year olds and/or those who are going into the 9th grade but are 13 years old.
To become a teenage volunteer at St. Vincent's HealthCare choose one of the applications below. Applications are accepted February 1st for the upcoming summer. Please refer to individual applications for contact and submission information.
St. Vincent's Clay County Summer 2015 is full.
St. Vincent's Riverside Summer 2015 is full.
St. Vincent's Southside Summer 2015 is full.
- Gain experience working in the healthcare field
- Earn community service hours for school and scholarships
- Make a positive difference in another person's life
- Learn responsibility
- Interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Build self-confidence and leadership skills
- Develop job skills, such as customer service, retail merchandising, accounting, and general administrative work
- Meet new people and develop new friendships
- Assist with career making decisions
- Patient Floors
- Women's Services
- Information Desk
- Emergency Department
- Food Services
- Completed application
- Participate in an interview
- Current TB test
- Ability to give at least 64 hours during the eight-week program held each summer
- Attend an orientation session that is held at the beginning of the program
- Purchase a uniform ($20)