St. Vincent's HealthCare Auxiliary
St. Vincent's HealthCare Auxiliary makes positive contributions to the mission of the Daughters of Charity through time, talents, and monetary support. It is the largest volunteer group and has been active in the growth and development of the health system since the Auxiliary was founded in 1928. The Auxiliary continues to provide services to patients and their families, hospital staff, and visitors.
Since 1928, the Auxiliary has raised more than $4.4 million to support many projects throughout St. Vincent's HealthCare, such as funds for the purchases of imaging equipment, Army cots for emergency purposes during WWII, items for the Father's Pacing Room, cribs, incubators, grounds beautification, and much more. The Auxiliary has also participated in several campaigns for expansion projects and renovations, with the most recent being the $1 million pledge for the Walk of Hope, part of the Mary Virginia Terry Cancer Center.
St. Vincent's HealthCare Gift Shops are operated by the Auxiliary, with all proceeds being donated to St. Vincent's HealthCare Foundation to aid in the mission of the Daughters of Charity.
- Completed application
- Current TB exam
- Reference Check
- Background Check
- Recognition for volunteer hours
- Participation in Auxiliary Meetings and functions
- Free parking in the Dillon and DePaul Garages
- Free meal ticket to cafeterias or Berg's Bistro when working a full day (this does not apply to meetings)
- 50% discount on medical services after insurance payment*
- One fountain beverage or coffee coupon at Berg's Bistro for evening/weekend service
- Courtesy discharge if hospitalized at St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Health Services Credit Union membership available
- Seton Pharmacy discounts (12% for prescription; 10% for over-the-counter drugs)
- Eligibility to enroll in educational and self-improvement courses offered
- Free annual tuberculosis screening (required)
- Use of the fitness center with $50 membership
- 25% discount in the gift shop; 30% discount on birthday
- Annual seasonal flu shots*
- Club 55+ membership (must be age 55 or older)
* After 50 hours of service
These benefits are subject to amendment in the event that the Medical Center determines that such benefits are not in compliance with any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.